Welcome to one of the best leaf-peeping places on earth. The 100-Mile Wilderness in Northern Maine, home to the last leg of the legendary Appalachian Trail, is famous for its remote and wild beauty, as well as its transformation every autumn into a sea of brilliant color.
With the bugs and crowds gone, and the weather still inviting, our Registered Maine Guides will take you on the hike of a lifetime, past streams and waterfalls and views as far as the eye can see. We'll take our time as you take in the nature, including a special stop at Gulf Hagas, a National Natural Landmark that's often referred to as Grand Canyon of the East.
At the end of each day, you'll settle in, socialize and rest your legs at one of the Appalachian Mountain Club's rustic wilderness lodges, fully staffed and well-appointed with clean and comfortable private cabins, hot showers and delicious homecooked meals to give you fuel heading out for another day of adventure and fun.
- Registered Maine Guides share their wilderness expertise as you hike through Maine's remote wilderness
- Witness the spectacular colors of peak fall foliage season
- Hike Gulf Hagas, a series of beautiful waterfalls situated in a deep gorge
- Stay in a private cabin at comfortable off-the-grid AMC lodges
- Enjoy freshly prepared community meals each day
- Roundtrip transportation from the L.L.Bean Paddling Center in Freeport, ME to the lodges and hiking trails in Greenville, ME
- Airport shuttle transfers to Portland International Jetport before and after the trip
The trip kicks off at 9:00 a.m. at the L.L.Bean Paddling Center, located at 14 Marietta Lane, Freeport, ME, 04033. For anyone flying into the Portland International Jetport, there will be a shuttle pick-up at 8:15 a.m. at the baggage claim area.
Please note: this trip may not run if enrollment is low. Please contact us prior to purchasing airfare. For more trip details, including trip insurance, please contact our Adventure Consultants.
Traveling solo? We offer private room and room share options. For details, please see our Pricing and Cancellation Policy or call 1-888-615-9979.
L.L.Bean does not usually cancel events due to inclement weather. However, we reserve the right to cancel an event at any time due to severe weather, low enrollment or other concerns. If L.L.Bean cancels your event, you will receive a full refund for the cost of your reservation.
*Synthetic clothing dries quickly and is the best choice for outdoor pursuits. Please do not wear cotton clothing. When wet, cotton rapidly robs the heat from your body and takes a long time to dry. We also recommend you dress in multiple layers, allowing you more flexibility to comfortably respond to the weather conditions and your level of exertion.