Enjoy some of Maine's best cross-country skiing as you follow our expert guides over miles of well-groomed trails, and take in the remote winter beauty of the North Woods' 100-Mile Wilderness region, home to the last leg of the legendary Appalachian Trail.
Perfect for beginner and experienced skiers alike, you'll ski a little over 20 miles over three amazing days, with plenty of opportunities for additional exploration. Make tracks at a leisurely pace, passed frozen streams and waterfalls and views as far as the eye can see.
After completing each day's journey, you'll emerge from the woods at the doors of one of the well-appointed wilderness lodges maintained by the Appalachian Mountain Club. Here, you'll settle in, socialize and enjoy delicious homecooked meals in the cozy lodge before retiring to your woodstove-warmed private cabin for the night.
Rest up...another day of adventure is right around the corner!
- Registered Maine Guides share their wilderness expertise as you ski through Maine’s remote wilderness
- Top-of-the-line L.L.Bean cross-country skiing gear provided
- Stay in a private cabin at comfortable off-the-grid AMC lodges
- Enjoy freshly prepared community meals each day
- Gear shuttle to transport overnight luggage between trailhead and lodges
- Roundtrip transportation from the L.L.Bean Paddling Center in Freeport, ME to the lodges and trails in Greenville, ME
- Airport shuttle transfers to Portland International Jetport before and after the trip
The trip kicks off at 8:00 am at the L.L.Bean Paddling Center, located at 14 Marietta Lane, Freeport, ME, 04033. For anyone flying into the Portland International Jetport, there will be a shuttle pick-up at 7:15 a.m. at the baggage claim area.
Please note: this trip may not run if enrollment is low. Please contact us prior to purchasing airfare. For more trip details, including trip insurance, please contact our Adventure Consultants.
Traveling solo? We offer private room and room share options. For details, please see our Pricing and Cancellation Policy or call 1-888-615-9979.
L.L.Bean does not usually cancel events due to inclement weather. However, we reserve the right to cancel an event at any time due to severe weather, low enrollment or other concerns. If L.L.Bean cancels your event, you will receive a full refund for the cost of your reservation.
*Synthetic clothing dries quickly and is the best choice for outdoor pursuits. Please do not wear cotton clothing. When wet, cotton rapidly robs the heat from your body and takes a long time to dry. We also recommend you dress in multiple layers, allowing you more flexibility to comfortably respond to the weather conditions and your level of exertion.