Applying for Charitable Giving
If your organization does not fall into the eligibility exceptions below and would like to apply for a grant or product donation, please send a brief proposal (no longer than five pages) and include the following:
- An overview of the organization
- Purpose of the project
- Description of the target population and estimated number of people served
- Time frame for activities
- Dollar amount or product(s) requested
- An itemized budget, including all sources of committed and anticipated funding from individuals or other corporations or foundations
- Proof of 501(c)(3) nonprofit status
Please note, the L.L.Bean Charitable Giving Program does not fund the following:
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status
- Political, sectarian, fraternal or religious organizations
- Athletic teams
- Pageants or fashion shows
- Expeditions or trips by individuals or groups
- Advertising in programs, bulletins, yearbooks or brochures
- Individual schools (public or private), classrooms, teams, teachers or parent organizations
- Film or television productions
- Organizations or projects focused outside the US
- For grants over $5,000, the deadline for the next year is mid-August, with determinations made in mid-December
- For grants $5,000 and under, applications are accepted throughout the year and are reviewed quarterly
- Product donation requests must be made a minimum of four weeks prior to the program or fundraiser.
Accredited schools and troops affiliated with the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of America are eligible for a discount on outdoor equipment. Restrictions apply; please call 800-458-3058 for information.
L.L.Bean does not offer a “nonprofit organization discount.” Discounts based on quantities might be available through L.L.Bean for Business. Please call 800-832-1889.