1. Your L.L.Bean Mastercard account (“Card”) is issued by Citibank. L.L.Bean is not a party to the Card Agreement.
2. The Rewards Program and its benefits are provided by L.L.Bean, Inc. (“L.L.Bean”) and are the sole responsibility of L.L.Bean.
3. Eligibility: Upon approval for the Card, you become eligible for membership in the Rewards Program. To be eligible to participate in the Rewards Program you, the “Cardmember”, must: (a) maintain an open Card with Citibank, and (b) be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate), and (c) be a legal resident of and reside within the United States or U.S. Territories.
4. Each eligible Cardmember participating in the Rewards Program shall receive the following membership benefits:
(b) Eligibility to receive free standard shipping requires the L.L.Bean order to be paid for by the use of the Card or entirely with Bean Bucks. Free standard shipping applies to L.L.Bean’s standard shipping to the U.S. Free standard shipping does not apply to express shipping, oversized freight delivery, Direct to Business orders or shipping to addresses outside of the U.S.
(c) Eligibility to receive free return shipping on returns for an item purchased at L.L.Bean requires the item to have been paid for by the use of the Card or entirely with Bean Bucks. The use of the L.L.Bean Designated Return Label(s) included with your order or printed from llbean.com is required. Returns from APO/FPO addresses must use the L.L.Bean USPS Designated Return Label. To access this label visit llbean.com or contact an L.L.Bean representative at 1-800-555-1173. Free return shipping does not apply to express shipping, items requiring oversized freight shipping nor is it valid for Direct to Business items or items returned from U.S. Territories or International locations.
(d) Eligibility to receive the free monogramming service (“Monogramming”), for those items which have been purchased at L.L.Bean with use of the Card or entirely with Bean Bucks and for which Monogramming is offered. Monogramming is defined as the machine stitching of up to ten spaces per line using one thread color in the availability of the styles L.L.Bean offers. Monogramming is free for multiple lines as space permits on each individual item. Monogramming does not apply to Direct to Business orders or International orders.
(e) Eligibility to benefit from exclusive L.L.Bean sales and offers. Exclusive sales and offers may be made available to Cardmembers on occasion and may require the use of the Card to benefit from the offer. Refer to each offer for specific details.
7. If a Cardmember is denied a benefit of the Rewards Program to which he or she is entitled, the liability of L.L.Bean and Citibank shall be limited to the Cardmember’s earned portion of that benefit.
8. For questions regarding the accrual of Bean Bucks or the use of Bean Bucks call 1-866-484-2614. For questions regarding Bean Bucks redemption call 1-800-555-1173.
10. A Cardmember in good standing (as determined by Citibank in its sole discretion) accrues Bean Bucks in the following amounts based upon the percentage for the type of purchase transaction charged to the Card:
(a) 4% on all eligible net purchases from L.L.Bean (valid only at L.L.Bean’s businesses in the U.S.).
(b) 2% on all eligible net purchases from gas stations. You may only earn 1%, not 2%, on gas purchases at superstores, supermarkets, convenience stores and warehouse clubs or for fuel purchased for use for non-automobile purposes, as determined by L.L.Bean in its discretion, due to merchant codes (as further described below) which are out of the control of Citibank or L.L.Bean.
(c) 2% on all eligible net purchases from restaurants. You may only earn 1%, not 2%, on restaurant purchases at bakeries and certain restaurants/cafes inside department stores, grocery or warehouse clubs, as determined by L.L. Bean in its discretion, due to merchant codes (as further described below), which are out of the control of Citibank or L.L.Bean.
(d) 1% on all other eligible net Mastercard purchases.
Merchants must submit charges under the appropriate merchant code or industry code for a Cardmember to receive the additional rewards. Neither L.L.Bean nor Citibank determine whether merchants appropriately identify all transactions made on a Cardmember’s L.L.Bean Mastercard account, but L.L.Bean does reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for rewards.
11. Bean Bucks earnings are based on the new net purchase activity (i.e., purchases less credits, returns and adjustments) charged to the Card during each periodic billing cycle. Fractions of Bean Bucks will be rounded to the 100th decimal place and are subject to verification. Eligible purchases may be made by the Cardmember(s) and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card. Cardmembers do not earn Bean Bucks on Balance Transfers, Convenience Checks, and Cash Advances unless specified otherwise. Bean Bucks are not earned on foreign currency purchases, purchases of money orders, wire transfers and other cash equivalents; lottery tickets, gaming chips (and similar betting transactions); interest; unauthorized charges; and Credit Insurance Premiums; purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose. Bean Bucks are not earned on fees of any kind, such as late payment fees, returned payment fees, credit protection fees, annual fees, over limit fees, Balance Transfer fees, Convenience Check fees, Foreign Currency Fees, and Cash Advance fees. The value of any Bean Bucks used toward a purchase will not earn Bean Bucks. Credits to the Card associated with eligible transactions such as returned purchases and/or adjustments will result in a reduction in Bean Bucks based on the Bean Bucks earn rate. If there is a negative Bean Bucks balance, any newly earned Bean Bucks will be used to offset any such negative Bean Bucks balance until such balance is brought to zero. Changes made to the above list are at the sole discretion of Citibank and L.L.Bean.
12. Bean Bucks will be itemized on the Cardmember’s monthly billing statement and will indicate the total number of Bean Bucks earned, Bean Bucks redeemed and the Bean Bucks balance carried over during the statement month.
13. Bean Bucks are automatically available upon your monthly billing statement date and indicated in your Bean Bucks balance section on your statement. Cardmembers may redeem Bean Bucks in any amount. Bean Bucks that have not been redeemed will remain in your Bean Bucks balance.
14. One Bean Buck shall be equivalent to a one dollar ($1.00) reduction to the total charge on a L.L.Bean purchase. The Cardmember may redeem Bean Bucks by phone, via the L.L.Bean web site (www.llbean.com) or in person. If a Cardmember is ordering by phone, the Cardmember must inform the L.L.Bean Customer Service Representative of the use of Bean Bucks at the time the order is placed. If a Cardmember is ordering from llbean.com, the Cardmember must select the available Bean Bucks Balance provided on llbean.com. If purchasing at an L.L.Bean retail store, the Cardmember must have the Customer Service Representative apply Bean Bucks at the time payment is made..
15. Bean Bucks may be used towards the price of merchandise or services only purchased from L.L.Bean. Bean Bucks are not redeemable towards a L.L.Bean Direct to Business purchase or for cash. Bean Bucks cannot be used towards any express shipping or oversized freight delivery or sales tax. Certain services may be excluded at the discretion of L.L.Bean.
16. If you return an item purchased at L.L.Bean, any portion of your payment made with Bean Bucks will result in a replacement of Bean Bucks back to your account, or in L.L.Bean’s discretion a merchandise credit.
17. The Cardmember(s) and any authorized user(s) of the Card may be asked to present identification in connection with any transaction involving the use of Bean Bucks.
19. By redeeming Bean Bucks for L.L.Bean merchandise or services, the Cardmember releases Citibank, L.L.Bean and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates from any and all liability regarding redemption or use of Bean Bucks, or other features of the Rewards Program.
20. Other Terms: Any tax liability connected with receipt or use of any Bean Bucks is the Cardmember’s responsibility. Program void where prohibited or restricted by law. Bean Bucks are not transferable in the event of death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or for any other reason. The sale, trading, auction, barter or other transfer of any Bean Bucks is prohibited. Citibank and L.L.Bean each reserves the right to audit accounts at any time and to request validation of point-earning activities and point redemptions. Events beyond Citibank’s or L.L.Bean’s control, such as computer equipment or electronic data transmission failure, strikes, acts of God, civil disturbances, terrorism or war, which may materially affect either Citibank’s or L.L.Bean’s ability to perform, will allow L.L.Bean to suspend or terminate the Rewards Program.
21. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions are governed by Maine state law, without reference to its conflicts of law doctrine, as such law is applied to agreements entered into and performed entirely within such jurisdiction.
L.L.Bean is a federally registered trademark of L.L.Bean, Inc. Bean Bucks is a service mark of L.L.Bean, Inc. Citi and Citibank are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. © 2018 L.L.Bean, Inc.